As we all know, protein is essential for recovery from exercise and muscle damage. The Essential Amino Acids, including the Branched Chain Amino Acids, are the functional components of all proteins. EAAs and BCAAs – especially the amino acid, L-Leucine – are responsible for forming new muscle proteins and providing a signal to begin the rebuild and repair process within muscle tissues. Amino Impact™ contains a full profile of EAAs, including added leucine.
- L-Leucine is the “anabolic signal” in muscle cells; Leucine turns on muscle protein synthesis.
- While Leucine activates anabolism, all 9 EAAs are minimally required to form muscle proteins.
- Additional L-Glutamine supports muscle growth, glycogen resynthesis, gut health, and neural function.
Amino Impact™ features an advanced amino acid signature, with high doses of prominent EAAs, 2:1:1 BCAAs, and added instantized L-Leucine and Glutamine for maximal MPS. Athletes supplementing with Amino Impact™ are bound to experience accelerated rates of recovery and enhanced muscle growth. Keto friendly. To be used for recovery or Intra/Workout.
Leucine is one of the BCAAs. It has been demonstrated to be the only one of the 20 amino acids capable of independently stimulating protein synthesis.
- Leucine activates mTOR – the mammalian Target of Rapamycin
- mTOR augments rates of muscle protein synthesis and stimulation may enhance muscle growth and recovery.
- The leucine concentration of proteins may be directly associated with muscle growth.
BCAAs are branched-chain amino acids, of which there are 3 – Leucine, Isoleucine, and Valine.
- The effects of BCAA include those of Leucine.
- The BCAAs are more easily oxidized, which means they play a greater role in energy metabolism, especially during exercise.
- BCAA supplementation helps reduce exercise fatigue, enhancing workout performance.
The essential amino acids (EAA) must be obtained in the diet because they cannot be synthesized by the body, like the nonessential amino acids.
- EAAs can be converted to nonessential amino acids when necessary to form complete proteins.
- Gram-for-gram, EAA supplementation may be more effective than protein supplementation.
- Using EAA between meals provides an anabolic boost with little to no caloric value.